Pink Triple Chip Cookies

It's been a week of treats here at our house. I summoned the energy to do some baking with the kids in honor of Valentines day. I thought it might be nice to share with you all our favorite chocolate chip recipe (made extra special by the addition of pink food coloring)

Where I got this recipe, I really have no idea. It crossed paths with me when I was in University, right around the time one needs a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies to snack on while cramming for exams.
I did not actually possess any implements for actually baking the cookies back then. I used a dutch oven as my mixing bowl and purely estimated the measuring of ingredients but even then, by golly they were good. (maybe even better).


Do people still do this with the batter beaters? I thought afterwards maybe I shouldn't have given them. Even though the eggs came from the best farm chickens we know.... still....
the pictures are cute, are they not?


1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup brown
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips. We mix it up and add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup each of white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.

Preheat oven to 350 (175 C)
In a large mixing bowl cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla (add the food coloring at this point if you want colored cookies)

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Stir in all those chocolate chips

Drop batter by spoonful onto not stick cookie sheets and bake for 6-8 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to cool for five minutes at least before scarfing them down.

Comments
One Response to “Pink Triple Chip Cookies”
  1. Nicola says:

    Oh, great, now I am drooling and I think I just gained a pound!
    Hey, my friend, you won a give-away, as you know, but I need your address. If you emailed it, I didn't get it. Could you email it to me again?! italy_nicola at yahoo dot com

Leave A Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Life (15) kids (8) Health (7) Spirituality (7) Food (5) Crafts (2) Faith (2) fashion (2) style (2) Ann Demeulemeester (1) Mango (1) Yarn Along (1) music (1) nostalgia (1) polyvore (1)

Followers